International Migrations and Diaspora
Study Cycle: 2
ECTS credit: 6
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Ilc Klun Mojca, doc. dr. Rogelj Boštjan
- International migration: theoretical explanation of phenomenon and terminology. Spatial mobility of population. The forms of migration. Individual- and collective migration. Seasonal- and working migrations.The modern migration processes in Europe and the world. Refugees.
- The sources for research of migration flows and their consequences. Fieldworks and collecting data and informations.
- Theories of migration: push-pull theory, neoclassical theory, theory of double job-market, theory of networking and other.
- Migration policies.
- Immigrant communities: definition, relations, processes.
- Diasporas. The connections into national / ethnic bodies.
- Emigration from Europe to overwea countries and formation of diasporas. The formation of european multicultural societies.
- Emigration from slovenian territory. Slovene diaspora abroad. Organization of slovenian diaspora.
- Multiculturality as a phenomenon and a concept of social living. The question of identity in immigrant communities.