Sociolinguistics and discourse analysis
Study Cycle: 2
Lecturer(s): prof. dr. Pihler Ciglič Barbara
- Basic areas of sociolinguistics (variability linguistics, language ethnography, conversation analysis, languages in contact, genre theory ...).
- Terminological aspects (speech and language community, diglossia, idiolect, sociolect, language change, text, discourse ...).
- Methodologies and techniques of sociolinguistic research.
- Discourse analysis. Differences between oral and written discourse.
- Forms of oral discourse in Spanish and comparison with Slovenian, text characteristics and structure of bosom discourse.
- Non-verbal elements of oral communication.
- Prosodic elements of oral communication. Para-language.