Selected Linguistics Topics 2
Lecturer(s): prof. dr. Pihler Ciglič Barbara
- Definition of theoretical concepts in Pragmatics and Text linguistics (in general terms and in Spa-nish linguistics).
- Predecessors of text linguistics and pragmalingui-stics and connections of pragmatics with other disciplines
- Definition of basic concepts (text, textuality, co-hesion, coherence, communication, communica-tion chain…)
- Theory of Speech Acts (Austin, Searle)
- Cooperative Principle and Maxims of Conversati-on (Grice)
- Context and meaning. Implications and implica-tures
- Relevance Theory (Sperber, Wilson).
- The Politeness Theory (Lakoff, Leech, Brown & Levinson)
- Irony and humour.
- Use of deictic expressions
- Pragmatic Aspects of Spanish verb forms and moods
- Intercultural Pragmatics, Pragmatics and Interdi-sciplinarity.